Thursday, March 22, 2007

Breaking In A Newbie


I still work in the She Devil's organization, but we recently had a reorganization of sorts. None of us have any say in this, like what we would like to do, or whom we would like to work for. Nope, we are mere pawns in the chessboard of political advancement.


My group got EXPANDED. So much so, they brought in another level of management (that's always fun). So I now have a new direct manager (although I still deal directly with the next two levels up on a daily basis).


This manager I now have is used to dealing with VERY junior people, not the level we are. We are not accustomed to accounting for every second of our day and giving a weekly report (this is so she can help us prioritize, ha).


She told me today that she was going to put a stop to She Devils abuse of us. I merely chuckled, I know this is an impossible task (many greater than her have tried and failed, being miserably chewed up and spit out).


I hope she is successful, it will be entertaining at best.


Still no word on getting out of this hell hole.


Footnote: project mentioned in prior post update......

She Devil dictated the outline for the brief I wrote, I had no wiggle room to change. I presented to the analysts yesterday and they SPIT UP all over it saying the outline of topics made no sense and was very disjointed. She Devil was very disapointed with me, and requires a complete re-do (I hate my job).

No comments: