Friday, March 30, 2007

vacation from my vacation

Yes, I am about to embark on yet another spring break vacation, this time with the older children since their break is different from the younger. I am Aruba bound. Never been can't wait..... But I am stressed about taking a vacation, is that not nuts????
  • I am stressed to leave the young-ins home with my parents (they stress each other out)
  • I am stressed to leave work again in the middle of pure hell-dum
  • I am stressed that I will forget something
  • I am stressed that my daughter has to fly to Atlanta with the volleyball team while I am gone and I won't be there to send her off or be in Atlanta with her
  • I am stressed that I still have this horrible job.

I was talking with my new manager about how I was stressing. She too confided in me that she was almost at her breaking point, in fact the whole organization was about to bust.

Our she-devil leader is good for a short term gig, but she has outstayed her usefulness, she needs to move on to another organization and stir them up.

It is always good to be challenged in one's career, move outside your comfort zone, be pushed to grow, I don't disagree with that. However, one can only be pushed for so long, and stretched so far. Even a rubber band will break if pushed beyond its limits.

And that's where we all are, beyond our limits. This group of 200 plus folks has become the crankiest, meanest bunch around. Folks that would never say boo to you are now ripping your head off if you look at them the wrong way.

I really need to get this new position, or seek employment else where or I am gonna snap....... First step is not to stress on this vacation (think happy thoughts :-)

2 comments:

jmb said...

Well at least Aruba is better than Disney World.
Sounds like hell at work, maybe the She Devil will be gone when you get back, on to bigger and better things!
Regards
jmb

Medblog Addict said...

Aruba!! I am so jealous. See you when you get back.